Sunday, May 24, 2009

Happily Twittering

Well, I have succombed to the beaconing adiction that is known as twitter. At first, I did not get it? How many people actually care what show I am watching or what I am doing at that moment in time, I mean, besides stalkers or ultra secret government agencies. The fact is, it is so much more that that. It is a chance to truly network with people of similar interests.

For instance, I am an avid lover of all things Firefly. It was the single greatest loss to the television watching world when fox in all of it's typical brain misfunction decided to cancel it after only a meager attempt to market it, or put it in a reasonable time slot, or even show it in order...

But I digress. I had no idea there was a local chapter of browncoats in charlotte. Thanks to Twitter, not only do I now know that, I know there is a "Can't stop the Serenity" charity event coming up. I can't wait.

I've also been able to keep up with many of my favorite actors, actresses, writers, and my real world friends. It is an amazing technology and I embrace it wholy. Now, if I can just find an agent using this network, all would then be right in the world.

In other news, my daughter and I have written all of our chapters for our new book, The Kids of Shelter 9. Problem is, we are about 10000 words short. So now we get to go back, edit, edit, edit and hopefully find a good place to insert some more story. I know we have plenty of characters that we have not fully developped yet so there is room. It's just a matter of figuring out where to put it. Wish us luck. :)

No comments: