Thursday, June 12, 2008

Today's Journal.

I finally did it. I conquered my fears and submitted my novel to an agent. I do not hold high hopes of acceptance because I know most new authors do not get through the first time, but I am just proud that I broke through my fear of rejection enough to try. After all, you will never get published 100% of the time if you do not submit your work. I found a reputable agency that is looking for new authors though, so hopefully it will pan out.

I am working on a new book as well. This one is not science fiction/Fantasy, but it is a fiction peice that I can't wait to write. I am still putting my feelers out there for different writing styles. I am pretty sure fantasy will be my strength, but this story needs to be written. My brain is crying out for me to write it. If I don't someone else eventually will. The book will be called Constant Vigil. I do not want to go into to much detail, but let's suffice it to say that it will involve a secret government organization, serial killers, the average guy getting justice and standard politicians showing their true colors. I hope that I can get through this one without letting it drop. I am interested enough in the storyline that I honestly think I will see this one through.

In other news, I am down 22.5 pounds this year and feel pretty darn good. Only 30 more to go. More to come later.

No comments: